Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Little Moments

I have probably four loads of laundry to fold.

I have some dishes that need washed.

The cat needs a bath.

My corners need scrubbing in the bathroom, I should weed my garden, and I REALLY need to put the clean sheets on the bed before we go to sleep tonight, since Monkey decided to explode a diaper on them this morning.

But those things will always, always need done.

Today, the most awesome thing in the world for my little man is to sit on Mommy's lap and play with a potato smasher.  Today, he will snuggle with me on the couch and giggle when I blow raspberries on my neck.  Today, in this in between stage between "I just took my first steps" and the full-out dash of toddlerhood, my baby will still let me hold him and love him to pieces.

My days are not always easy- babies scream and cry and throw tantrums and cut teeth and go from clean to dripping poop on the floor in .23 seconds.  But there are only so many baby days left.  Right now, with Monkey napping in a pile of his toys on the floor and my cold coffee in hand- this is a precious moment.

To hell with the laundry.  I'm going to fold up some memories instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment